Sunday, May 20, 2007

It Lives

180 pounds....

Yes, I'm still alive. I have been riding my bike the past week and things are getting better with the pinched nerve and stuff.

Barb and I went out to the New Fane Trail today and spent some time on the course for next weekend's WEMS race. It is kinda cool to be able to ride a trail that kicked my ass last year to find that I can bite back this year. I will be attempting to ride for 12 hours. It's going to be interesting.

I tried out my new Michelin All Terrain tires today and they rode well out there. So I will be using them next weekend if it doesn't rain. If it rains, the Michelin Mud tires will come out.

Otherwise this past week I was able to get in a few multi hour rides, which has been a big improvement over the past few weeks.

This coming week I will get back to Graeme Street's In Season Training program in preparation for next weekend's race.

And yes, I did preride the Treadfest course at this weekend's WORS race with John. Had a blast there. Saw some people there that I haven't seen since the WORS banquet last year. The course was hilly and had a ton of off camber stuff. Should have raced it, but I wanted to get Barb out on the trail some so that her skills will improve and so that she is in a good frame of mind for the first WORS marathon race.

No comments: