Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Night Before the Master Cleanser

I have no idea what I weigh at this moment. I haven't checked in a few days.

Tomorrow will be the start of the Master Cleanser for at least the next 10 days. Time to break the sugar and caffeine habit again. If nothing else, this will help me get things back in check.

Ore to Shore was a tough one. I have never seen so much fucking sand, let alone ride thru it, in my entire life. Except for maybe standing on the beaches of Florida. I went off the trail at a high rate of speed into the brush. I helped a downed rider until the EMT guys got there. I helped another guy with a flat. He was out of canisters so I let him borrow my pump. I fell down in the sand more times than I can remember. One time over the bars and like me, put my hands out to stop my landing. Needless to say, my left wrist is letting me know that I was there today. Otherwise, things went well. I also needed to stop once and refill my Camelbak. Cramped slightly along the way, but just upped my doses of Endurolytes and that fixed that. I finished in 4:48 at a whopping 10mph. Whew!

No comments: