Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Master Cleanser Day 3

185 pounds....

I know it looks like I'm obsessed with my weight and guess what, I'm sort of. All my life I have been the pudgy kid or an overweight adult. So my weight has always been an issue. The oddest thing is that I am probably in the best shape now, at 43, than I have been in my entire life. The only other time that I was even close to being in shape was when I worked at a cheese factory during high school. So yup, I will be watching how much I weigh and smiling.

A little more history, during the spring of 2003, I weighed in at around 255. I got called a fat ass one too many times and then started the Subway diet. Within a month, I lost over 10 pounds and then my old chiropractor, Dr. Bob, recommended getting a bike. 4th of July weekend in 2003 I did just that. A few weeks later, a friend, Erik, introduced me to padded shorts and clipless pedals. That was it, I was hooked. I primarily rode on the road, but I did pick up a mountain bike but didn't ride very much. Last year, I took the big plunge and raced in the Wisconsin Off Road Series. I had a blast and wonder what took me so long to get to this point. Enough of that for now.

Back to what's up with the diet. Salt water wash and making sure to have time for the results. Otherwise, things are well so far this morning.

Barb did mention yesterday after kissing me, that I smell differently. Not bad, just different. hhmmm.....

I'll write more later.

2 comments:

slojms said...

Saw your Hammer post.
Trying to get the guts to go for this myself, not solely as a drop weight thing but an attempt to clean out a number of years of good ol' midwestern eatin'.
Can you give me the book or reference that you're using?
The "diet" looks pretty thin.
-32oz of h20 & sea salt in the am
-the lemonade drink: 10 ounces of water, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
-tea at night
Is that it?
Best of luck, I'll be following along and hopefully you'll push me over the edge

SquidBuzz said...

The book is called The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs. Also I have ordered Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days by Peter Glickman.

These both can be found on the internet or at a local bookstore.

The one thing that I will say is, if you drink anything with caffeine, you need to taper that before you start or you'll have bad headaches.