Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Darn, Darn, Darn

201 pounds....

Once again, I have not progressed in the weight department. But I have been eating better and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to be off of caffeine. Which to me, is a good thing.

The big ole darns are because I did not get into the Iceman Cometh on the first round of the lottery. There were 3,900 entries for 2,500 spots. That's pretty crazy, eh? The first round people must pay for their entry within 2 weeks or they will lose their place. Then the organizers will pick again and other people will get a chance. So, maybe, just maybe, I can get in that way. Otherwise, I will be doing the ebay thing when Michigan Youth Cycling puts the 5 entries that they will be auctioning off this year. Those should start mid summer or so.

Otherwise I hit the YMCA last night for 50 minutes of spin class while Mary was doing karate. Sweated like a beast for some reason, but it felt good. My knee didn't bother me a bit. So that's a plus.

In bike related things, I need to get my ass moving on my bags for Trans Iowa. I soon as payday hits I'm moving on these. The way it's going, I will have to be wearing deep freeze clothing during that race because the snow will still be on the ground. You never know.

No comments: