Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sad Saturday

I just got back in from walking the dogs. My driveway is now one big sheet of black ice. Yuck.

We got word this afternoon that Barb lost one of her uncles to a snowmobile accident. His name was Danny Kolnik. He was an old school stock car racer from way back. There were times that I didn't like him during those long lost years, but over the past couple of years, he and I got along well during family get togethers. Last summer when I was up at his house, I knew I liked him for a reason, that reason was a bicycle sitting in his garage. He said he even rode it every so often. He will be missed. Our thoughts go out to his family. I'm not sure if I'll be up for the funeral or not, but I know Barb will. Hey Danny, say hello to Dick Bishop and Tim Lorenz for me. Because I have a feeling you guys all ended up in the same place.

Hey, do you want to buy a 2007 Specialized Epic SWorks? If so, let me know.

I got out on the Buell today. I bundled up about 4 layers thick, but it was fun non the less. I ran some errands on it. I did see one other rider out today, so that was kinda cool.

The girls are now back from being up north for the week. The dogs got haircuts and bathes today. And the first day of Dakar happened today. Now I just need to get more work done on getting the bikes set up in the basement.

Wish me luck......

No comments: