Monday, February 11, 2008

Possibly Dodged A Major Bullet

203 pounds....

The weight has been steady, but I have not been dieting much either. I will need to work harder at getting my metabolism going. The +2 hour Sunday spin classes have helped. Only one more of them left. Darn.

Last fall I did the 100 mile gravel ride in Iowa and right around then I was doing some hard training intervals on the bike. My left knee swelled up some and I had a tough time walking up and down stairs for a few weeks. As time went on, the swelling came down and the pain faded away. Well, all of the swelling didn't go so I finally visited my Doctor the other day and ended up getting a MRI done on it. Well, I have a slight tear in my meniscus, but I have a worse problem going on under my knee cap. Arthritis. I got the fluid removed from my knee and a shot of cortisone added back in to help out. I was quite surprised when the Doc said that I could get back to training in a few days. He also has prescribed physical therapy, so I start that on Wednesday. I guess I was lucky.

NASCAR has started back up this week. I'm pissed that they are having such nice weather in Daytona. All the years that we went, there was only one year that it was really warm and that was for the Duels only. I guess that's the way it goes. I should count my blessings that I was able to go at all. I have been fortunate enough to see Dale Earnhardt win there, die there and then to see Little E win there the following July race. Not to mention I saw Bodine crash the truck into a million pieces and witnessed the entire grandstand go silent. Now that was creepy.

No comments: