Friday, February 15, 2008

Ear Buds

201 pounds....

Funny how when you aren't working on your diet, you lose weight. I haven't worked out all week to be nice to my knee and I have been able to shed a couple of pounds. You gotta like that.

I splurged and bought a pair of Westone CR-1 custom molded ear buds. No longer will I have to be duct taping my Apple ones to my ears so that they don't fall out. I bought them in red so that I don't have to fight discoloration when they age some. I used them this morning for about 2 hours while I was shoveling the driveway and they worked great. I did some testing yesterday with them using different sampling rates and with my poor ears, I couldn't tell the difference. I have a feeling that someone with a better ear can tell the difference, that better ear isn't me though. I also compared them to the stock Apple ear bud and noticed a big difference. The CR-1's stop outside noise and sound much better. The only bitch about them is that they cost $190. It was my Christmas present to myself.

The exercise was tough on my body though. My back is yelling that it needs to be stretched and my knee let me know that it was there the entire time. Hopefully it is just tender because of the cortisone shot. The weatherman is predicting more snow this weekend so I figured I better get out there and clean off the 1 or so inches that's currently there.

In bike news, I have ordered up new Ergon grips for the S-Works bike and hopefully this weekend I will get the template made out for the frame bag that I'm going to get made. I also need to send the 24 Solo poster down to Craig Gordon. Can you say lazy ass. I knew you could. And you probably will see my photo next to that saying in the dictionary.

Off to Chicago tomorrow to visit my sister, Carol. Her birthday was yesterday. I'm not sure how old she is, but it doesn't matter because she will always be older than me. Saturday is also Barb's birthday. Which is also my exwife's birthday. How weird is that.

No comments: