Friday, May 1, 2009

Photos from GLR 200k Brevet

The GLR 200k Brevet is in the books. 8.5 hours in the rain, whew......

2009.04.28 002

It was a long day in the rain and I only completed about 70 miles on the Fargo. That bike is good in theory, but poor in execution on the road. Maybe if I had killer legs, it would work. I don't have those though, so I took what I got. As Little E would say, It is what it is.

It started out with finding out that the Fargo didn't fit on the Neon with the wind deflector installed. The front rack hit. Needless to say, I wasn't taking the rack off, so the deflector was easily removed.

The day was good though. Even though I was cold, wet and tired, I was still happy. The Hammer products I used rocked all day long. Caffe Latte Perpetuem is awesome in a high calorie bottle. I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but as usual, it did not let me down. This new product is most definitely something that everyone should try. I was bundled up in the rain and that is the worst for electrolytes. I was pounding 6 Endurolytes an hour for 4 to 5 hours and then my legs started to cramp up, so I started taking 2 more on the bottom of the hour. That helped a ton, but man, I was wiped when I finished. I'm really glad I didn't go to Trans Iowa with this state of fitness. It would have been a really short ride.

No comments: