Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cheq 40 Bust and Something to Ponder

207 pounds....

You are what you eat and I have been eating heavy.

Due to many different things in my life, the Cheq 40 race this weekend didn't happen. Part of me is ok with that, part of me isn't.

I'm pondering on buying one of these. I've been wanting one for a while. In fact, getting into bicycles was because I wanted a motorcycle. I wasn't sure if my inner ear issues would allow me to ride a motorcycle, so I bought a bike instead. Needless to say, I've been waiting a few years to come back and revisit this. Hopefully this time I can. I'm in the shopping mode at the moment, which is pretty good for me, since I usually just go out and buy what I want when I know I can get it. But in this case, I'm making sure to know all the angles before pulling the trigger.

On the mountain bike front, I have been thinking about redoing my ride. 29 inch bikes are calling me. Something for gravel grinding and maybe a hardtail for the trails. When I get further into it, I'll explain more. Still hoping to get another race or two in yet before season's end. If not, some long rides in.

No comments: